General Conditioning Program
program is designed for patients with specific musculoskeletal
problems that are aggravated by a lack of general
fitness, flexibility and strength. Usually such problems
result in deficits in functional ability and difficulty
with activities of daily living.
For people in this situation, life’s tasks
seem harder than they used to be - harder in fact
than they need to be. This can often lead to a downward
spiral as a person’s decreased activity level
leads to further decreases in strength and flexibility….
and so it goes.
Our General Conditioning Program was designed to
address these needs. It incorporates an Initial Examination
of the patient’s overall conditioning, including
function and balance measures.
Goals of the program are improved:
- Flexibility and Range of Motion
- Functional Ability
Available equipment includes:
- BAPS Board (balance board)
- Biodex Comprehensive Balance System
- Biodex Rehabilitation Plyometric Leg Press
- Upper Body Ergometer
- Isotonic Lifting Equipment
- Exercise mats and weights for strength development
- Selected Functional Task-Simulating Equipment
- Stationary and Recumbent Bikes
- Universal Weight System
Back to top